Indulgence without the associated guilt is a cinch with this tart treat! It starts with a silky, creamy filling of Neufchâtel cheese and reduced fat sour cream in a crisp and crunchy phyllo dough cup. Neufchâtel is similar to cream cheese, but with about 33% less fat. To save prep time, the cups can be prepared up to one day in advance. The versatile base of this dessert means you can customize the topping to suit your palate. Fill the phyllo cups with a colorful assortment of fresh fruits or Mandarin orange slices.
Prep: 20 minutes
Bake: 8 minutes
1. Prepare Shells: Preheat oven to 375º. Unwrap and unroll phyllo dough; cover phyllo dough with clean damp towel to prevent drying.
2. Transfer 1 sheet to work surface and spray lightly with cooking spray, keeping remaining sheets covered with damp towel. Repeat 5 times, placing sheets on top of first layer, for a total of 6 layers; cut into 4 equal size rectangles. Form each into 4 muffin cups in muffin pan, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Repeat with 6 more phyllo dough sheets and cooking spray. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool.
3. Prepare Filling: In small bowl, with rubber spatula, fold together all ingredients. With whisk, stir filling until well combined.
4. Prepare Topping: In small saucepan, melt jelly. Do not let boil.
5. Transfer filling to large zip-top plastic bag with bottom corner snipped off (or use a spoon), and evenly divide filling into shells. Arrange fruit of choice over filling and brush fruit with jelly.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 282 Calories, 9g Fat (5g Saturated), 21mg Cholesterol, 275mg Sodium, 29g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 5g Protein