1. Start with a large stockpot. Heat pan over medium heat, and cook bacon until crispy.
2. Clean and small dice all vegetables. The trick to this dish is cooking everything in layers, slowly building flavor.
3. Add diced onion and bell peppers to the pot, sauté until sweet and colorful.
4. Next add diced carrot and celery, sauté for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add next three ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for minimum 2 hours.
6. Shred chicken and add to soup during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
7. Cut tortillas into strips and fry in vegetable oil over medium high heat. Use strips as a garnish with cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Duda Farm Fresh Foods – www.dudafresh.com