BBQ Mustard Tri Tip With ChimiChurri Sauce and Curried Potato & Green Pea Salad
- Tri Tip Dijon Marinade
- 1 white onion coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
Using a food processor or blender, blend all ingredients together. Marinate tri tips for at least 4 hours, no more than 8
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper sauce (such as Frank's Red Hot ®)
- Place the parsley, olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, cumin, salt, garlic and hot pepper sauce into the container of a blender or food processor. Blend for about 10 seconds on medium speed, or until ingredients are evenly blended.
Curried Potato Salad with Green Peas
- 3 pounds of new potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 10-ounce box frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 scallions, sliced into thing rounds, including some green
- Scrub the potatoes. Put them in a large pot and add enough lightly salted water to cover them by 2 inches. Bring the water to a rolling boil and add 1 teaspoon of the salt. Cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool to room temperature. Chop into bite-size pieces, place them in a large bowl and add the peas.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, curry powder, cumin, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, the remaining 1 teaspoon of salt and the pepper. Whisk until smooth. Pour over potatoes and peas, add scallions and toss gently to combine well. Cover and chill until shortly before serving time.
Sparkling Grape Lemonade
- 1 can 295mL Minute Maid Grape Punch frozen concentrate, thawed (undiluted)
- 1 can 295mL Minute Maid Lemonade frozen concentrate, thawed (undiluted)
- 3 cups Sprite Sparkling Beverage
- 2 cups Water
- Ice cubes or ice ring
In punch bowl or large pitcher, stir together grape punch and lemonade frozen concentrates, Sprite® and water; mix well. Fill with ice cubes or add ice ring to keep cold. GARNISH WITH SLICE LEMON AND GRAPES
Grilled Pineapple Cake with Hazle Nuts and Marascapone Whipped Cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 2 (8 ounce) containers mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 inch sliced pound cake
- 1/2 tub cool whip or 1 cup fresh whip cream
- 8 slices of peeled fresh pineapple, 1/2-inch thick
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Place the hazelnuts into a small saucepan over medium heat, and shake the pan until the nuts turn golden and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside. Mix the lemon juice, lemon zest, mascarpone cheese, cool whip and honey in a bowl until well combined.
- Grill the pineapple slices on the preheated grill until the slices show brown grill marks and the fruit is hot and juicy, pull fruit sprinkle brown sugar on while hot about 3 minutes per side. Serve 2 slices per plate on pound cake as a stack with a generous dollop of sweetened mascarpone cheese and a sprinkling of toasted hazelnuts on each serving add cherries.
Whiskey Glazed Baby Back Ribs with Cilantro Butter Grilled Corn
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 pounds baby back pork ribs
- 1 cup barbeque sauce see recipe
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- In a small jar, combine cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Close the lid, and shake to mix.
- Trim the membrane sheath from the back of each rack. Run a small, sharp knife between the membrane and each rib, and snip off the membrane as much as possible. Sprinkle as much of the rub onto both sides of the ribs as desired. To prevent the ribs from becoming too dark and spicy, do not thoroughly rub the spices into the ribs. Store the unused portion of the spice mix for future use.
- Place aluminum foil on lower rack to capture drippings and prevent flare-ups. Lightly oil grate, and lay ribs on top rack of grill. Reduce heat to low, close lid, and leave undisturbed for 1 hour. Do not lift lid at all.
- Brush ribs with barbecue sauce, and grill an additional 5 minutes. Serve ribs as whole rack, or cut between each rib bone and pile individually on a platter.
Cilantro Lime Butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresho cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter. Mix in cilantro, lime juice, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt to taste. Cover, and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Tie husks spray corn with non stick spray rotate corn on grill for 15 minutes, brush with cilantro.
Whiskey BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon groundb black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic, and whiskey. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Mix in the ground black pepper, salt, ketchup, tomato paste, vinegar, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes. Run sauce through a strainer if you prefer a smooth sauce.
- 8 cups cubed watermelon (seeds removed), or 1 quart watermelon juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup sugar, or more to taste
- Lime slices, for garnish (optional)
Place half of the watermelon cubes in a blender and process until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve set over a large bowl; discard the solids. Repeat with the remaining watermelon cubes. You should end up with about 1 quart of watermelon juice.
Add the lime juice and sugar to the watermelon juice, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Taste, and add more sugar if necessary. Transfer the limeade to a nonreactive pitcher and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
Serve over ice in tumblers, with lime slices for garnish.
Enter To Win!
Signup To Play!
Thank You For Playing!
Enter Another Code
|8/1/2012||Wednesday||2:00 PM - 6:00 PM||3325 Highway 50 East||Carson City||89701|
|8/2/2012||Thursday||2:00 PM - 6:00 PM||4348 S Carson St.||Carson City||89701|
|8/3/2012||Friday||2:00 PM - 6:00 PM||3620 N. Carson St.||Carson City||89706|
|8/4/2012||Saturday||2:00 PM - 6:00 PM||525 Keystone Ave.||Reno||89503|
|8/5/2012||Sunday||11:00 AM - 5:00 PM||9750 Pyramid Lake Hwy||Sparks||89441|
|8/6/2012||Monday||1:00 PM - 7:00 PM||195 W Plumb Lane||Reno||89509|
|8/7/2012||Tuesday||1:00 PM - 6:00 PM||4995 Kietzke Lane||Reno||89509|
|8/8/2012||Wednesday||11:00 AM - 3:00 PM||565 E Prater Way||Sparks||89431|
|8/9/2012||Thursday||11:00 AM - 3:00 PM||10500 N McCarran Blvd||Reno||89503|