Submitted by Anonymous on
The Save Mart Companies C.A.R.E.S. Foundation was established as a means of strengthening the communities served by our FoodMaxx, Lucky and Save Mart stores. Annually, the foundation contributes approximately a quarter of a million dollars in small grants to support community-based, non-profit organizations throughout our operating area. Our giving guidelines are as diverse as the communities we serve because we understand that each neighborhood has its own unique passions and needs, but our aim is in our name. We target organizations that provide:
- Community programs that foster civic involvement and safety net/infrastructure improvement
- Arts programs that appreciate and encourage art in all of its forms
- Recreation that promotes activities other than sports--like dance, chess, fishing and gardening
- Education both traditional and non-traditional; and in its broadest sense
- Sports for both youth and adults to encourage healthy lifestyles
For further information on applying for funding, please check back soon. Thank you for your patience.