Feb 3, 2017
Grocer made a significant investment in Oakdale community
(Oakdale—February 3, 2017) Company officials and community leaders marked a new beginning for the Save Mart store in Oakdale Friday with a grand reopening celebration filled with fanfare. Mayor Pat Paul, City Councilors and members of Economic Development Committee attended the ribbon-cutting event, the culmination of a months-long transformation that modernized and expanded the store.
"The interior looks amazing. You'll want to shop here all day! The store is 5,000 square feet bigger and offers more products and services that families today want," said Store Manager Tony Angoletta. "It's essentially a brand new store."
This is the third store under the Save Mart banner to incorporate the brand's fresh, updated look and the new features geared toward convenience and service, including:
- Burrito/taco/nacho bar with tortillas made fresh in the store
- A "Valley Fresco" area offering vegetable/fruit-infused water, fresh juice bar, fresh cut produce, fresh salsa & guacamole and smoothies
- Specialty sandwiches
- Salad bar
- New meat & seafood counter
- In-store grill for hassle-free barbecues - Shoppers pick what's for lunch or dinner and we'll grill it for you! (first Save Mart store to have one)
- Expanded selection of natural, organic & bulk foods
- Full service floral department
- Spirits area can accommodate wine/beer tasting events
- Café seating with Wifi
- Self-checkout lanes
To reinforce Save Mart's commitment to the community, Oakdale High School and The School Farm each received a $500 donation to commemorate the store's grand re-opening. The school's marching band, choir and cheerleaders performed at the event as a "thank you" to Save Mart. Interestingly, the cheerleaders' coach performed as a cheerleader the last time the store held a grand opening.
The Foothill Oaks Shopping Center, where this Save Mart store is located, has also been renovated, giving Oakdale residents a premiere shopping destination.